IT STARTS WITH THE BRAIN
We believe that transformation happens one brain at a time. Awareness and protection of our own, and others psychological safety needs culminates in more successful team interactions, better collaboration and improved organizational performance.
This is exactly what Google demonstrated in their recent report (Project Aristotle) on high performing teams in their organization. According to data from Google, the most agile and high performing teams were those with the highest sense of psychological safety. Psychological safety was defined as the ability for team members to feel a sense of trust and security within the team so that they can speak up and be themselves, without fear of retribution or ridicule. This perception of psychological safety within individuals, led to a more collaborative team and hence a more successful business unit.
Teams are where psychological safety is built and where it is most critical. It is in our every-day environments and interactions that psychological safety is either nurtured or sabotaged. Awareness of the team’s individual and collective drivers of psychological safety and the practical strategies to nurture the team’s needs help to facilitate psychologically safe environments that promote health, innovation, collaboration and productivity.
We offer a variety of formats to support face to face, virtual and blended delivery. Workshops can be facilitated by ABL trainers or by accredited internal trainers. The SAFETY Stage 1 and Stage 2 Accreditation programs equip trainers to lead teams through the Team Safety Debrief. It is not recommended that team leaders facilitate their own team debrief.
TEAM SAFETY DEBRIEF
The Team SAFETY Debrief focuses on building awareness of the team’s psychological safety and SAFETY profiles and understanding the diversity of needs and strengths in the team. It is designed to enhance team health, productivity and collaboration by teaching team members how to respect and protect their own, and other’s psychological safety needs.
Using the S.A.F.E.T.Y.TM Toolkit to create awareness this debrief will teach your team:
- the brains operating principles
- the importance of psychological safety for individual and team health and performance
- the nonconscious biases that drive our behavior and impact our psychological safety
- your SAFETY profile and triggers and their potential impacts on yourself and others
- how diversity of profiles can enhance team performance
- the team’s SAFETY profile and current psychological safety score and what they mean
- how to mitigate biases, manage triggers and create new habits/behaviors
- the brain-based approach to safe conversations and conflict management
- how to best engage with various profiles to foster inclusivity, collaboration and productivity
- how to support your own and other team members psychological safety